6th of June 2010 Europa 1989 organised the official Danish Aeropress Championship 2010.
The Aeropress competition is designed to, not only showcase the AeroPress itself, but to challenge competitors to brew the best tasting, most balanced cup of filter style coffee.
It is designed to be a relaxed competition, with the emphasis on the abilities of the person’s brewing technique and having a good time.
- Everyone uses the same coffee. 250g of the coffee will be pre-shipped for the competitor to play around with. For the Danish AeroPress competition the used coffee will be: “Shades of September” microlot, Blackburn Estate, Tanzania. The coffee you will use for the competition will be roasted 4 days prior to the competition: Wednesday June 2nd.
- You can purchase the Blackburn coffee at Kontra Coffee, Dag Hammarskjölds Alle 36, 2100 Østerbro. If you know another place that sells this coffee please let us know (email: [email protected]) and we will post it here on this page, under this topic. You can see more information about the coffee below.
- 250g of the coffee will be pre-shipped for the competitor to play around with.
- The required volume of the drink is 2dl. No added ingredients are allowed.
- All competitors will have a 5 minute preparation time.
- To ensure the drinks are served at a similar time, the clock will count down 3 minutes. Failure to serve the drink in that time will mean disqualification. The technique used by the competitor must be in writing and given to the judges.
- The supplied equipment will be a Tanzania grinder and a water boiler/ kettle. Competitors are welcome to bring their own grinder and kettle. Any modifications to the actual Aeropress will need to be authorized by the Head Judge and if need be, Alan Adler himself.
- Any water is allowed. The supplied water at Europa 1989 is revitalized Grander water.
- After comp time, a second AeroPress needs to be made for the audience – this isn’t judged, but will help to involve audience in some way.
BLACKBURN ESTATE INFO
|Kvalitet:||“Shades of September” microlot|
|Forarbejdning:||Vasket og siden tørret på “raised drying beds”|
|Væksthøjde:||1760 meter over havet|